What's your superpower??
My superpower is being happy.
It’s true! People always ask me questions like, “Why are you so happy?” or “How can you be so happy?”
It’s not an accident. It’s a choice! It’s a choice I continue to make every day. My mission is to show you how YOU can be happy and joyfully no matter what is happening in your life. Having fun is essential and sometimes when things are hard, we can forget how to have fun. I’ll remind you!
Yep, that’s right. I said you can be happy no matter what.
I haven’t walked in your shoes or fought your battles. I have shoes and battles of my own, and through it all, I’ve been happy.
An abusive marriage, living in a domestic violence shelter, raising a daughter from the age of 5 alone as a single parent, being very poor, health scares, relationships woes, and job dramas, and through it all, I’ve been happy.
You can be happy no matter what and my purpose is to show you how.
Simple lifestyle tweaks, thinking shifts, and healing are what I offer.
My goal in life is to bring happiness and joy to billions of people through teaching, music, writing, healing sessions, life coaching sessions, books, and photography. Loads of research tell us what we already know: we don’t all learn the same way. A master educator, I will make SURE you learn what you come here to learn by offering a variety of methods in instruction. One thing is for sure, you will enjoy your sessions! You’ll have some work to do in your healing, but that’s ok. I will help you create a balance.
We also don’t heal the same way, create our best lives in the same way, or need the same things.
For this reason, I unapologetically offer a variety of my talents and services. My focus is “CULTIVATING HAPPINESS AND JOY” in whatever way best supports you in finding happiness and joy.
I’m committed to making sure you get the healing you need, so I take my professional development and training seriously.
Q & A
- Favorite color: I can’t pick one! Red, purple, royal blue are at the top of my list.
- Favorite Music: Vivaldi: Four Seasons (especially spring!), Beethoven, Choral Music, in general, makes my heart go pitter-pat, Nora Jones, Jonas Brothers, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, and anything I can dance to!
- Favorite foods: Raspberries, apples, green beans, red curry with tofu, and Natharva Korma with naan…and anything someone else cooks for me!
- Favorite indulgence: A big, bold Bordeaux or Cabernet wine in the winter or a fruity, complex rose’ in the summer
- Favorite movies: Under the Tuscan Sun, Twister (don’t judge me!), Romancing the Stone, Indiana Jones (don’t make me pick one!) because it reminds me of movie dates with my dad,
- Favorite Authors: Deborah Harkness (swoon…Discovery of Witches), Lisa See, Gabby Bernstein, Elizabeth Gilbert, Glennon Doyle, Michelle Obama, Jesmyn Ward
- Favorite girls trip: traveling to see Broadway musicals… top faves include Dear Evan Hansen (Seattle) and Hamilton (Chicago)
- Yoga Goal: practice yoga on all 7 continents. 2 down. 5 to go!
Education and Training
- I earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Music Education in 1996 and started teaching music in public and private schools that same year. I still am a public school music teacher.
- 2005 was the year I became a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant and opened my first business which I ran until 2017. This was a major turning point in my life and gave me the self-esteem and self-respect to take better care of myself by freeing myself from an abusive situation.
- In 2010, I earned my Masters of Education in Educational Leadership.
- In 2012 I became a professional photographer and opened a portrait studio which closed in 2015. I still dabble!
- In 2013, I studied with photographer Mark Cafiero in several small group courses; took classes from the amazing Sue Bryce, and studies business photography with Sarah Petty.
- In 2015, I completed Usui Reiki I and Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki II.
- In 2016 I became a certified in ThetaHealing® Basic DNA healing and re-certified in May 2020. I studied with Robin Peppersack (Zen Garden – Boise) in 2016 and Cathy Kearns (Reiki Renewal – Boise) in 2020. For more information please visit this link
- June 2016 I became a Reiki Master/Teacher and studied with Cathy Kearns of Reiki Renewal (Boise).
- In early 2020 I become an Advanced Clendinning Practioner and studied with Pip Oxlade (New Zealand) and Geoffoery Morrell (the founder – based in Maryland).
- Spring 2020 I recertified as a Basic DNA ThetaHealing® Practioner studying with Cathy Kearns (Reiki Renewal – Boise)
- Spring 2021 I became a certified Advanced DNA Thetahealing® Practioner through Cathy Keanrs (Reiki Renewal – Boise)