Hi there!! I’m Brenda Winkle. Thanks for visiting Brendawinkle.com. I’m so glad you are here!!
My mission is to spread love and light far and wide. Love and light literally saved my life…more than once. But I’ll get to that in a minute.
Like you, I am lots of different things. I am a mom, daughter, sister, and friend. I’m a lifelong teacher and musician, an inspired writer, a dedicated yogi, a committed student of meditation and prayer, a passionate photographer, an empath and an energy and spiritual healer.
The path to where I am was not straight and narrow. It’s full of twists and turns! One of the most difficult situations in my life was one of my most influential teachers. I was in a marriage to someone I dearly loved, but my marriage was abusive.
In 2007, with the help and support of a loving network of friends and family, I garnered the courage to leave. I left my marriage with 2 suitcases and my daughter and moved into a domestic violence shelter. At first, I focused on healing from abuse induced PTSD, starting over, and learning to rely on myself.
Once I got back on my feet, I’ve made it my mission to empower other people – especially women – to step into their own personal power. My biggest desire is to sow hope that we can heal. We can all create a life we love and can be proud of – no matter where we start or what we have been through. And that’s how http://brendawinkle.com came to be!!
Each week, I offer a Monday blog designed to help you rely on spiritual principles and your own inner guide. Every Thursday, I post a Thursday tip designed to make your life a little easier and more rich. On Saturday each week, you’ll be treated to an Angel Card Reading. If you decided to subscribe, you’ll have access to a weekly digest of all of the posts along with a calendar of upcoming events. AND subscriber only content like meditations and journal prompts.
In case you are wondering about other things about me, here’s a little more about me.
- I earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Music Education in 1996 and started teaching music in public and private schools that same year. I still am a public school music teacher and direct the Boise All City Elementary Honor Choir.
- 2005 was the year I became a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant and opened my first business, which I still operate. This was a major turning point in my life and gave me the self-esteem and self-respect to take better care of myself by freeing myself from an abusive situation.
- In 2010, I earned my Masters Of Education in Educational Leadership. In 2012 I became a professional photographer and opened a portrait studio which closed in 2015.
- In 2015, I completed Usui Reiki I and Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki II.
- In January 2016, I earned the title of “Certified Angel Card Reader” and came out of the spiritual closet as an intuitive.
- May 2016 I became a certified in ThetaHealing® Basic DNA healing. For more information please visit this link.
- June 2016 I became a Reiki Master/Teacher. For more information please visit this link.
- I am currently writing a book which is over halfway to completion and am searching for just the right agent. My goal is to become a Hay House published author.
- My purpose is to inspire women, empower women, help women heal, and help women know how amazingly wonderful they are.
- I want for all women to find tools to help them embrace their daily lives fully, manage stress, find spiritual enlightenment and support, and be a part of a community of like minded people.
- My hope is that you can find bits of inspiration, education, beauty, healing and a community to connect with here.
That dedication lead me to the Certified Angel Reader Course by Doreen Virtue and Radleigh Valentine.
Thanks for getting to know me! I hope to know you soon. Head on over to the other pages to check out more, or contact me! Contact Me to be taken to my contact page.