Hi there!! I’m Brenda Winkle. Thanks for visiting Brendawinkle.com. I’m so glad you are here!!
My mission is to spread love and light far and wide. Love and light literally saved my life…more than once. But I’ll get to that in a minute.
Like you, I am lots of different things. I am a mom, daughter, sister, and friend. I’m a lifelong teacher and musician, an inspired writer, a dedicated yogi, a committed student of meditation with 18 years of practice, a passionate photographer, an empath and an energy and spiritual healer.
The path to where I am was not straight and narrow. It’s full of twists and turns! One of the most difficult situations in my life was one of my most influential teachers. I was in a marriage to someone I dearly loved, but my marriage was abusive.
In 2007, with the help and support of a loving network of friends and family, I garnered the courage to leave. I left my marriage with 2 suitcases and my daughter and moved into a domestic violence shelter. At first, I focused on healing from abuse induced PTSD, starting over, and learning to rely on myself.
Once I got back on my feet, I’ve made it my mission to empower other people – especially women – to step into their own personal power. My biggest desire is to sow hope that we can heal and that each of us can live life to our highest purpose. We can all create a life we love and can be proud of – no matter where we start or what we have been through. And that’s how http://brendawinkle.com came to be!!
I offer a blog designed to help you rely on spiritual principles and your own inner guide. If you have decided to subscribe, you’ll have access to a weekly digest of all of the posts along with a calendar of upcoming events. AND subscriber only content like meditations and journal prompts.
In case you are wondering about other things about me, here’s a little more about me.
- I earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Music Education in 1996 and started teaching music in public and private schools that same year. I still am a public school music teacher.
- 2005 was the year I became a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant and opened my first business, which I still operate. This was a major turning point in my life and gave me the self-esteem and self-respect to take better care of myself by freeing myself from an abusive situation.
- In 2010, I earned my Masters Of Education in Educational Leadership. In 2012 I became a professional photographer and opened a portrait studio which closed in 2015.
- In 2015, I completed Usui Reiki I and Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki II.
- May 2016 I became a certified in ThetaHealing® Basic DNA healing. For more information please visit this link.
- June 2016 I became a Reiki Master/Teacher. For more information please visit this link.
- October 2017 I became the Opera Idaho Children’s Choruses Director for the only children’s chorus in the Boise area to partner with the Boise Philharmonic, Boise Master Chorale, Ballet Idaho and the Treasure Valley Community Band sponsored by BSU. To see the Children’s Choruses page click here.
- I am currently writing a book which is over halfway to completion and am searching for just the right agent. My goal is to become a Hay House published author.
- I’m especially passionate about music. Music helps us get into touch with our own humanity, helps us define our identity, allows us to create and express and connects us with others. I’d love to connect with you in either private voice or piano lessons or though one of my choirs.
- My purpose is to inspire, empower, promote healing, and help people know how amazingly wonderful they are.
- I want for everyone to find tools to help them embrace their daily lives fully, manage stress, find spiritual enlightenment and support, and be a part of a community of like minded people.
- My hope is that you can find bits of inspiration, education, beauty, healing and a community to connect with here.
I became a certified ThetaHealer® after completing the ThetaHealing® Basic DNA course in May 2016. I became a Reiki Master after completing a 6 month program and over 100 hours of practicum. (certification photos pending) I seek out events, programs, experts & groups that can truly make me a better woman.
Thanks for getting to know me! I hope to know you soon. Head on over to the other pages to check out more, or contact me! Contact Me to be taken to my contact page.