Artistic healer, writer, teacher, photographer, businesswoman, and musician… I don’t fit into one box. I like to have lots of things going on! My creativity is rooted in the overlapping disciplines of education, music, writing, healing, business, and photography. Many of my most creative ideas come in those overlaps.
The “about the author” on the back of my books says… “Brenda Winkle is a choral music educator with a Masters Degree in Educational Leaderhip. Additionally she is a highly intuitive healer, a Reiki Master, a ThetaHealing® Practioner, and an Advanced Clendinning Practitioner.
She has turned one of the hardest experiences (leaving an abusive marriage) in her life into the fuel for her life: her goal is to empower women (and men) to make the changes needed to create a full, happy, and safe life.
She lives in Boise, Idaho where she makes her home with two dachshunds and enjoys living close to her college-age daughter and her parents.”
That’s all true. I’m also a seeker of spiritual truth, a champion of civil rights, a frequent dog foster parent and animal rescuer, and a woman focused on creating a life filled with happiness and joy.
My goal in life is to bring happiness and joy to billions of people. I do this through teaching, music, writing, healing sessions, life coaching sessions, books, and photography. As a music educator, I can share loads of research that tells us what we already know: we don’t all learn the same way.
We also don’t heal the same way, create our best lives in the same way, or need the same things. For this reason, I unapologetically offer a variety of my talents and services. My focus is “CULTIVATING HAPPINESS AND JOY” in whatever way best supports you finding happiness and joy.
Q & A
- Favorite color: I can’t pick one! Red, purple, royal blue are at the top of my list.
- Favorite foods: Raspberries, apples, green beans, red curry with tofu, and Natharva Korma with naan.
- Favorite indulgence: A big, bold Bordeaux or Cabernet wine in the winter or a fruity, complex rose’ in the summer
- Favorite movies: Under the Tuscan Sun, Twister (don’t judge me!), Romancing the Stone, Indiana Jones (don’t make me pick one!) because it reminds me of movie dates with my dad,
- Favorite Authors: Gabby Bernstien, Elizabeth Gilbert, Glennon Doyle, Michelle Obama, Jesmyn Ward
- Favorite girls trip: traveling to see Broadway musicals… top faves include Dear Evan Hansen (Seattle) and Hamilton (Chicago)
- Yoga Goal: practice yoga on all 7 continents. 2 down. 5 to go!
Education and Training
- I earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Music Education in 1996 and started teaching music in public and private schools that same year. I still am a public school music teacher.
- 2005 was the year I became a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant and opened my first business which I ran until 2017. This was a major turning point in my life and gave me the self-esteem and self-respect to take better care of myself by freeing myself from an abusive situation.
- In 2010, I earned my Masters of Education in Educational Leadership.
- In 2012 I became a professional photographer and opened a portrait studio which closed in 2015. I still dabble!
- In 2013, I studied with photographer Mark Cafiero in several small group courses; took classes from the amazing Sue Bryce, and studies business photography with Sarah Petty.
- In 2015, I completed Usui Reiki I and Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki II.
- May 2016 I became a certified in ThetaHealing® Basic DNA healing and re-certified in May 2020. I studied with Robin Peppersack (Zen Garden – Boise) in 2016 and Cathy Kearns (Reiki Renewal – Boise) in 2020. For more information please visit this link
- June 2016 I became a Reiki Master/Teacher and studied with Cathy Kearns of Reiki Renewal (Boise).
- In early 2020 I become an Advanced Clendinning Practioner and studied with Pip Oxlade (New Zealand) and Geoffoery Morrell (the founder – based in Maryland).