If you ever find yourself needing a little rest with very little time to recharge, this tip if for you!
Its called “Legs up the wall.” Or, I should say, I call it Legs up the Wall. It’s based on a yoga pose. If you know the official name, please comment below.
Legs up the Wall is a great way to recharge because it….
- Allows your body to rest
- Provides your brain with freshly oxygenated blood and nutrients which leaves you thinking more clearly and being more grounded
- Only takes 3 to 7 minutes – Even if you are crazy busy you can find 3 to 7 minutes!
Here’s what to do…
- Find a blank section of wall, the back of a door or a chair/sofa.
- Sit on the floor and put your hip next to whatever your legs are going to be on (wall, door, chair/sofa)
- The closer you are to the surface your feet will rest on, the more stretch you will receive in the backs of your legs. If you want less stretch, get further away.
- Allow yourself to relax.
- Set a timer on your phone for 3 to 7 minutes.
- Close your eyes and relax.
- When the timer goes off you’ll be recharged and ready to face the rest of your day!
If you need a more restorative posture, I like the chair/sofa option with my knees bent. It feels very restful.
If this has been of service to you, please share!
Love and light to you!
Follow me on Facebook here.
Follow me on Twitter here.
Follow me on Instagram here.