That’s what I said when my friend, Cathy handed me a business card with the word “reiki” on it. She explained it to me and offered me a session. I felt so good after my session! I felt relaxed like I’d had a massage, but it was more than physical. I felt better emotionally and mentally. I felt peaceful, hopeful, and relaxed. I knew I needed more reiki in my life and began having regular sessions. It wasn’t long before I took a Reiki I (reiki 1) class so that I could perform self-reiki. A month later, I was attuned to Reiki II because I wanted to be able to perform reiki on my aging dogs. It changed my life and I was hooked! I became a Reiki Master in 2015 after a 6-month program that included 100 hours of practicum and I have never looked back. EVERYTHING in my life is better because of Reiki. People ask all the time how I can stay so calm, so relaxed, so “zen”. It’s Reiki.
What does Reiki DO??
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a form of Japanese energy healing the promotes your body’s natural healing ability.
A Reiki session will leave you feeling:
- Relaxed and Calm
- Rejuvenated and energized
- Ready to jump back into your life with energy and vigor – AFTER you get one of the best nights of sleep in your life. You will sleep SO well the night of your session!
What IS Reiki?
Reiki is the life force energy that is in and around all living things. Reiki helps your body heal itself by balancing the chakras to reduce stress and promote the body’s natural healing ability. A Reiki treatment can also help you release negative emotions.
What can I expect during a treatment?
- Your comfort level determines the session. A Reiki treatment is a hands-on therapy but also a type of energy healing that can be performed over a distance or a few inches away from the body. (No sensitive spots or private areas)
- You will stay fully clothed and lay on a massage table.
- Some people like to be covered with a light blanket.
- You can expect to feel very relaxed and calm. You might even get drowsy and fall asleep!
- You will leave your session feeling very much the same as you feel after a massage, except the feeling will last for much longer – in many cases the feeling lasts up to 3 weeks!
- I am a certified Usui Reiki Master/Teacher completing my training in 2015 with Cathy Kearns of Reiki Renewal (Boise, Idaho)
- I am a certified Basic and Advanced DNA ThetaHealer® completing trainings in 2016, 2020, and 2021. For more information please visit this link
- I am a certified Advanced and Basic Clendinning Healing Technique Practitioner and completing training in 2020.
- I have my M.Ed. in Educational Leadership and have been a classroom music teacher for the past 20 years. I have significant training and experience working with children of all ages.
For more information about reiki, please visit the links at the bottom of the page. For questions, please call me at 208-830-2164 or email me at Brenda@brendawinkle.com. Your questions are welcome!! Cynics are welcome, too!
Booking an appointment
Sessions are available for people AND for pets!!
- $125 for a 60-minute healing session.
- You can choose to have your appointment in person (BOISE) or virtually via Zoom. Yep. Reiki even works over a distance!!